Thursday, July 14, 2011

Early July - 2011

My brother Erik and his family came for a visit over the 4th of July weekend. It was their first visit since we moved here and first visit ever to Bethel. With the hostess Auntie Lauren organizing you can be sure there is always swimming on the agenda. So between the pool at the Bethel Inn and the lake house at Songo Pond swimming was accomplished. Saturday night (July 2nd) they shot off the fireworks at the Bethel Inn and we decided to see how the view was from our house. So we lined up the chairs on the front lawn and Wow….what a show. Not only was it easier but it may have even been better viewing. A bonus we did not even know about when we bought this place.

When we were at the lake house on Songo Pond, my sister-in-law Amy and I read on the deck (because we’re so intellectual), Rachel and Lauren went swimming and Erik and Logan went fishing. Of course we did burgers and hot dogs on the grill and sat around the campfire after the fireworks ended. When we were at the Bethel Inn Pool Rachel and Logan enjoyed the Pina Colada’s (virgin) while Becca made sure Erik and I didn’t run out of Molson’s Golden. I say this every summer and I’ll say it again….I Love Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment