Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Past Peak but...


Due to strong winds and heavy rain a few days ago many of the leaves were blown off the trees around here. There are however pockets of protection where Mother Nature has saved some of the leaves and color such as this shot above which is located right behind by back yard. That's my stone wall at the bottom of the lower picture. I love my stone wall. I took these photos yesterday, October 18th.
Today I awoke to the first frost covering the lawn, the car, the pumpkin, and the roof shingles. Across the street I saw a lone cross country skier on his training run, poles in hand, striding up the dirt trail at the Bethel Inn & Country Club Golf Course. With the frost covering the greens at this time it was easy to imagine a few inches of snow on the ground and it will be here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment