Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mini-Greenhouse

Mini-Greenhouse
I was planning to build a raised bed or two for a larger vegetable garden this year but as we rounded the bend in the river of life certain events called for a change of course.  I’ll just be planting a few tomatoes, carrots, and lettuce this year in the same spot I did last year which is not very big and not raised.  However unlike last year I’m starting the seeds early. So last Friday the 13th I planted some seeds in plain old paper cups. I poked a few holes in the bottom of each cup, slipped in a piece of coffee filter that I had cut to size for the bottom, filled it with potting soil, and stuck in a few seeds.  I borrowed an idea Lauren had showed to me from her Pinterest board where you use a clear plastic tote as a mini-greenhouse.  I think it’s a brilliant idea and I can take it with me easily if we go away for a few days.
Yes that is snow in the yard on April 13th

No comments:

Post a Comment