Tuesday, December 27, 2011

HOPE


This is that week every year where the kids are off from school, tons of people are on vacation, and many others are “chowing-down” before they start their New Year diet which will be over by February 1st.   It’s also where we look back over the past year and then look forward.  Looking back at this blog I have posted 26 times this year (unless I squeak in one more), so about one post for every two weeks on average. I could certainly post more and I often “think” about it but then days will pass and the reason to post whatever was then on my mind will seem old and historic.  In viewing the statistical analytics about this blog it tells me my most popular post for 2011 by far was about Hydrangeas and a Fire-Pit.
I not sure why this would be the most popular post but perhaps it is telling me people like to read about flowers.  With this knowledge in hand maybe I should post more about flowers to meet that market demand.  The thing is I’m not a flower expert and I have a limited selection in my yard but that shouldn’t stop me from trying right?  It’s hard to conceive about writing on things growing when the ground is now covered with snow and will be that way for months to come. 

Do I have goals for 2012?  Yes I do.  The first goal is to be here for Lauren. After her cancerous kidney removal last March we can’t take the future for granted.  The second goal is to be conscious of appreciating each person in my life and what they have to offer. This is easier said than done with some but what I mean is I intend to “listen” for understanding. The third goal is to earn a bit more money (or win the lottery). I’ve come to a point in life where I really don’t value money as that important however I do have those needs that require some of it and more then I appear to be making currently. The fourth goal is to do those house projects that I can which are on the inexpensive side.  One last word about goals; I’m currently reading The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown and she states that …Hope is a combination of setting goals, having the tenacity and perseverance to pursue them, and believing in our own abilities.

May you all have hope for 2012. 



No comments:

Post a Comment